Saturday, July 20, 2013

Its a Boy!

Canyon Gene Hoover


Born: July 11, 2013 @ 7:13 
Height: 20 inches
Weight: 7lbs 8 oz

We are now a family of four! 


He is such a cutie and just seems to be very content. He barely ever crys, has dark hair, likes his legs scrunched up and eats really good. 

Moments after he was born! Meeting our little boy:


Elli was really cute when she met him! she yelled out "baby!" and immediately climbed in my lap to have a look at him. She started pointing out his nose and eyes. After we put her down on the floor she started dancing!





In the Nursey/ first bath:


mug shot
The birth story:
Starting 3 weeks earlier I started to go into labor. We went in on June 22nd and I was having contractions and dialated up to a 4. We stayed there for 10 hrs but things stopped progressing. We went home and for the next 3 weeks I was in labor. Going through contractions everyday, ranging between 15 - 2 minutes apart. The intensity would go from really mild to very intense/ painful. These happened 24-7.  But it was not time for Canyon to come. We went into the hospital 2 more times but were sent back home. This was very draining as I was getting physically exhausted from the constant labor and mentally exhausted from thinking today could be the day and it wasn't. I do however love how I was able to spend alot more time with Blake in this time.  
Then on July 11, at about 12pm I started to bleed alot and so we went into the hospital. The contractions started to get more intense after this. I found out I bleed because I was dialating to a 5. At 5pm I had dialated to a 6 and my doctor decided we needed to break my water. As soon as she broke it the contractions became very intense. I knew it wasn't far from when the baby was coming. In the last 15 min I went from a 7 to a 10. I only had to push for about 5 minutes and then Canyon was born! I was so surprised and happy that it was a boy! He had a little bit of something in his throat right off but they got it out and he was fine. 

Fun facts: Blake cut the cord. We watched Sorcerer's Apprentice in the hospital when the contractions were not as intense. I ate alot of lime flavored ice chips. We only had breakfast before we went into the hospital so I was starving by the time Canyon was born (although I did convince the nurse to get me a few crackers). Both nights before Elli and Canyon were born we watched a movie with a monkey in it- I have now learned this for next time (this time it was "the night at the museum). He was born on 7-11 so now he recieves free slurpees on his bday each year!




Canyon's cool hat
Visitors in the hospital:
Grandma Hoover

Grandpa Hoover

Grandpa Hoover & Elli

The robertsons

Grandma Dickinson

Uncle Paul

Aunt Kari

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful family you've got their Heidi! Congrats on the new baby. Canyon is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet. Elli looks so very happy to have a baby!

    ReplyDelete