Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Working out

This semester has finally started out right when it comes to staying fit and it feels so GOOD!

I can go through phases when it comes to working out more or less. In the last 2 years I have had a major block when it comes to working out....I've worked out but nothing stuck and I just wasn't motivated.

This semester I finally got that boost I've been waiting for! (or I was finally ready)

#1- for one I started the "Awesomest Challenge" with some of the family. This has been nice because I don't feel like it is extreme but instead is just some healthy habits I probably should be striving for anyway. the healthy habits include....
- Contacting someone else daily in the contest
- Drinking 64 oz of water
- Stop eating by 9 pm
- Eat 3 servings of veggies
- Eat 2 servings of fruits
- Exercise 5 days a week (30-45 min daily)
- don't eat sweets 6 days a week
- record what you eat in a food journal

We see how we are doing in a point system and then post each week. Its a good reminder to be healthy and really helps that Blake is doing it with me, as well as alot of my family. It is a 8 week contest but I think I will try to continue some of it after the contest.

#2- Free Yoga class

BYU offers a free yoga class twice a week. This has been great because it is Free, I can take Elli, it gets me moving and out of the house! Elli does awesome and just hangs out on her own mat next to me.

#3- BYU Aerobic Classes

I bought a pass for the  BYU aerobic passes and I love it! Lots of classes offered including Zumba, Pilates, Spinning, etc. I really enjoy doing aerobics and that its planned...all i have to do is go. Some of these classes I take Elli and others I go alone. It can be a nice "Heidi Time" for me to get the break I need.

#4 Other....

I have also been doing Wii dance games when I can't leave the house. Those are fun in themselves and help me get my weekly exercise. Now that I have been exercising more it helps me feel better and as the sun is starting to show up in Provo I have even gone on some runs with Elli.

Over all I have been Feeling really good as I have been getting back fit and I love the energy it gives me and feeling so accomplished doing it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment